Monday 27 January 2020

Soviet Union - Hearts of Iron 4 - Post 2

26 Jul 1938: 14 months after the end of the last conflict I have an Army Group in former Czechoslovakia containing three Armies which cover my common border with Nazi Germany. Germany has already annexed Austria - its border is covered by my Mountain Army. The Cavalry Army is stationed in Prague while the Mechanized Army is in Brno and they are my mobile reserve.
09 Oct 1938: After previously claiming Slovenia and Dalmatia then occupying Albania Mussolini has invaded Yugoslavia. Its neutrality was guaranteed by the British and French Empires so Italy now has big problems especially since Germany is not supporting them. Hitler is in the process of demanding Sudetenland but I'm no Neville Chamberlain so he won't get it for free! The Czechs have built an excellent series of fortress and they are manned by combat-proven Soviet forces. The Yugoslavians have joined the Allies so I can't join their war but I am sending them Lend-Lease.
I have drawn up plans for my Army Group though...
17 Oct 1938: Italy has conquered most of Dalmatia but are making little progress in Slovenia. I can now enter Yugoslavian territory but because I am not at war I can't attack the Italians.
15 Dec 1938: Germany has finally declared war but not before covering our entire common border.
An overview of the war- note that Croatia has been formed and joined the Axis but is not yet at war. I call my two allies into the war...
...and voilà!
I decide to commit Army Poland - their objective is to take Silesia and Upper Silesia out of the Nazi war machine.
The Royal Navy kicks Nazi ass including the Kriegsmarine's flagship the battleship Deutschland. What a shame....
27 Dec 1938: My offensive has made progress but there is little momentum.
Croatia has now entered the war but Yugoslavia has lost a lot of territory and is approaching capitul-ation. Hopefully our intervention will prevent that.
25 Jan 1938: British troops have also arrived and front has been stabilized.
The frontline in Silesia - one could call it Sitzkrieg now.
The German Eastern Front.
01 Feb 1939: Not much change in Silesia but the frontline NE of Nurnberg looks very weak.
Sitzkrieg on the Croatian Front too.
The Allies have captured Sardinia and have a 2nd Front in Piedmont.
All is quiet on the German Western Front.
14 Feb 1939: We are counter-attacking in Yugoslavia but making little progress. My units are mostly NKVD divisions and have no real offensive capability.
Meanwhile Poland has no desire to join the war and is busy developing its defences.
The global overview on 14 Feb 1939. I need to build a couple of new Armies and expand the Soviet Air Force.
пока!

No comments:

Post a Comment