Saturday 25 January 2020

Soviet Union - Hearts of Iron 4 - Post 1

I started a new campaign as the Soviet Union with the goal of putting a massive spanner in the plans of the Nazi war machine. I started justifying war against the Kingdom of Romania as soon as possible. This enabled me to declare war on 26 Nov 1936. The State of Czechoslovakia is guaranteeing their independence and immediately joined the war. My three main assault armies are:
  1. Army Romania with 24 Infantry Divisions (brown),
  2. Army Mountain with 11 Mountain Divisions (light blue),
  3. Army Mechanized with 11 Mechanized Corps and 6 Infantry Divisions (dark red).
All three have Commanders with winter war experience.
In support to occupy captured territory are 31 NKVD and Cavalry Divisions (blue-green and purple respectively).
On 14 Jan 1937 the Kingdom of Romania is about to capitulate. Notice that my stop-line is not the Czech border but well inside Romanian territory hoping that Czechs will come to fight my forces on my terms. They did!
06 May 1937: The bulk of  the Czechoslovakian has been encircled in Romania by my Cavalry Army and Army Romania. The Mountain and Mechanized Armies are free to advance into Czechoslovakia encountering little resistance.
Game over! Now it is time to build a strong defensive army to await the inevitable German attack.
I'm in 3rd place at the moment but my war machine is almost double that of the German economy (143 vs. 86) so I can quickly catch up. I'm waiting for more modern designs. It is also 4 years prior to Operation Barbarossa in the real world and I'm denying the Nazis Romanian oil and the Czecho-slovakian industry

No comments:

Post a Comment