Saturday 1 February 2020

Soviet Union - Hearts of Iron 4 - Post 4

12 Jun 1939: I begin by moving troops nearer to the proposed starting location. I have also allocated the Mechanized Army to Army Group West.

14 Jun 1939: The focus Military Reorganization has completed...
...and I select Lessons of War next. This will remove the last negative effects of the Great Purge!
I also plan my construction for the next months.
Still Sitzkrieg in the Balkans.
The Allies have been more active and that has drawn German forces away from my front.
Finally I move 8 more divisions nearer to my Mechanized Army.
21 Jun 1939: We are now winning the war if only slightly (10% in our favour) although we have taken more losses.
26 Jun 1939: Rome has been captured after an Allied amphibious assault. Bad for the Axis!
28 Jun 1939: I launch my offensive - the main objective is the German city of Nurnberg,
09 Jul 1939: The city has been captured and now I hope to exploit the advance but I am again running out of reserves.
11 Jul 1939: I start a limited push towards Dresden hoping to prevent too many Germany troops being transferred westwards.
18 Jul 1939: The front after Mechanized Army's advance.
20 Jul 1939: The prolonged offensive has resulted in equipment shortages in many areas...
26 Jul 1939: A view of my entire western front. Many German positions are defended by only one division. Very inviting for a new offensive but I need to transfer more troops to the sector.
The German Luftwaffe is still strong but British and Soviet air forces have 1,000 more aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment